Thursday, January 8, 2009

All are Winners ………………


Though competitions motivate a child, sometimes it has a psychological impact especially when they ‘lose’. This could very much dent the child’s confidence the very purpose the competition was supposed to enhance.

In that way I am happy with my daughter’s play home -‘Podar Jumbo Kids’ totally subscribe to the topic heading.

During the sports day they encouraged the participation from all children and as an appreciation they were given certificates and a medallion. That was really a very nice gesture. My daughter was wearing the medal for the whole day………...............

4 comments:

Blogeswari said...

Congratulations A kutty!

ammani said...

Congratulation kutty!

This is something I remember thinking about a while ago. I don't know if losing to someone dents the kid's confidence as much as it bothers the parents. I know I take it much harder than my son when he loses to someone in a competition. Kids have a greater sense of fairness (I think) than adults.

Vaidehi @ Podar Jumbo Kids said...

Thanks for this comment and like I said we at Podar Jumbo Kids follow the same principles.

Ammani's comment made me think and do some research. If you have a grown up kid, do this quiz to find out about yourself

http://soccer.xksandiego.com/news.php?viewStory=328

Thanks - Vaidehi Arun - Podar Jumbo Kids @ BSK 3rd Stage

Vaidehi @ Podar Jumbo Kids said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.